Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Starting over...again

I do a lot of starting over.

Where have I been? Oh, here and there. Mostly trying to keep people alive. And employed. While at times my life is frustrating and insane, it really is boring. 

Facegram, Twitbook, and others of similar ilk killed the personal blogging thing. I liked the anonymity of it here, such as it was when I started this site back in the day. But now, anyone with half a brain and access to Google will be able to figure out who I am behind the nom de guerre. *Loud sigh*

*****

Summer is slipping away from me. I've not been outside near enough this season...so I sit here in the air conditioning complaining about it while the sun shines outside on a neglected flower bed. I have to make another payment on an obscenely expensive boat that we've used three times this year.

I blame murder hornets.

*****

I've listened with compassion and sympathy - both genuine and forced - to people complain about having to wear a mask over the past few months. Funny thing, the science makes sense. And it isn't going away any time soon. But not even that matters at this point. If you have to wear a mask for 10 or 20 minutes to buy crap at StuffMart, wear the damn mask and keep your trap shut about it. The people working are probably risking their own health for eight to 10 hours a day, five or six days a week, while wearing that same mask. Your bitching and moaning about the inconvenient injustice of being forced to consider the health of another human within your six-foot proximity isn't winning you any points. Oh, and those same people wearing those masks as a condition of their continuing employment have heard every imaginable excuse, argument, and bullshit story about why you are speical and should never be subjected to even the THOUGHT of a hint of a whisper of pretending concern for another human life.

Get over yourself. Wear the mask. And keep your mouth shut.

Please.

No comments: